“We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.” – George Orwell
Have you heard about the new standards for sexual assault that liberal feminists have created? It’s called “Yes means yes” and its uglier cousin is called “enthusiastic consent.” See, the idea isn’t just that a woman is willing if she doesn’t say “no” or even if she consents; the new feminist standard is that she must verbally consent enthusiastically… or it’s RAPE!
This subject came up quite a bit when Aziz Ansari’s now infamous bad date was revealed. In case you’ve forgotten, here’s the short and sweet version of what the woman in question claims happened that night.
* She goes to his apartment, goes out to eat with him, and then heads directly back to his apartment after drinks.
* Within 10 minutes, they are both naked and giving each other oral sex. Ansari wanted to go further, but she says they should go slower.
* They make out. She lets Ansari touch her vagina.
* Over the next 30 minutes they make out; he moves her hand on his penis multiple times, but she says she was physically reluctant.
* Ansari explicitly asks her for sex and she says they’ll do that on the next date.
* She goes to the bathroom for five minutes.
* She comes out and says she feels forced. Ansari says, “Oh, of course, it’s only fun if we’re both having fun.”
* Then they both sit down on the couch.
* Soon thereafter, she gives him oral sex.
* He pushes for sex again.
* She verbally says she doesn’t want it. They sit on the couch again and watch Seinfeld.
* Ansari kisses her and moves to take off her pants. She gets angry at this point and gets up to call a car. Ansari then calls her a car.
* She leaves
* She then gives an interview designed to embarrass Ansari and accuses him of sexual assault.
Quite a few people on the Left agreed with her. Me? I agreed with a female friend of mine on Facebook who said, “don’t put a guy’s d*** in your mouth and expect him to guess that means you aren’t into him.”
Of course, the Ansari incident was just the tip of the iceberg. Here are a few articles that give you a better idea of what liberal feminists are pushing to impressionable college students.